Georges B52 Bomber Wings

About Forums Main Recipe Georges B52 Bomber Wings

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  thomasgvermeulenjr 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

thomasgvermeulenjr
    Participant

Georges B52 Bomber Wings

So my favorite chicken wings seem to be going the way of the Dodo bird. They stopped selling Georges Hot & Spicey B52 Bomber Wings at Walmart, so i contacted the manufacturer directly. I was informed that they stopped manufacturing them and that the last shipment went to Mikes Supermarket in Cleveland, OH.  Called them and contemplated driving there to buy the last 10 bags, but 6 hrs each way seemed a bit excessive.  These things are that good though.  They grill up perfectly crispy on the grill and they have the seasoning inside them so you need no sauce.  And they are the real deal, they’re not for the faint of heart. A well seasoned bag truly brings the heat.  And not in that typical vinegary Franks Red Hot sort of way; more of a earthy-Cajun-esque way.  I can’t really describe it.  My nephew may have described it best.  I grilled some up for him and asked him how to describe the flavor.  He said: In a word “painfull”.

So this post is to honor and try to replicate those delicious wings. Here is the ingredient list as posted at openfoodfacts.org :

Ingredients list: Chicken wing sections, water, salt, maltodextrin, sodium tripolyphosphate, autolyzed yeast extract, extractive of paprika, hydrolyzed corn protein, garlic powder, extractive of spice, onion powder, polysorbate 80.

I will post to this thread with any recipes that come close to doing justice.  Please reply or post if you know of any similar products or have a worthy recipe.

Thanks,
    Töm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.